Dano

Default Manifolds and Risers

Actually, they are inboards. As I understand it, a survey was done which
indicated the need for the manifolds and risers. In any event, as more info
is coming in even at 20k below local market value it may not be worth the
trouble. Thanks again for the input.

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
How tough it is depends on how much room you have in the engine

compartment
to work. I assume you can get to everything without having to pull the
engines.

I hope you have priced in / considered the following potential needs:

1. New barrior coat and bottom paint.
2. New thru hull fittings (if any are metal)
3. Any work to the generator where water enters and exits.
4. Any work to the head where raw water is pumped in.
5. Condition of outdrives (I assume these are I/O engines).
Sure there are a lot of other issues with a 10 year old salt water boat.

Please have a qualified inspector go thru the boat before you buy.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Dano" wrote in message
ink.net...
Looking into a 1994 SeaRay 330EC with the 454's. Has had a life in salt
water and the owner says she needs new manifolds and risers. How tough

is
this job to do myself (I would have the time over the winter lay-up).

What
other considerations are there for moving a salt boat to freshwater?

Thanks
for helping a newbie.
-Dano