Glenn Ashmore

Default Watermakers and Chlorine -Correction for Steve D

Sorry. Typo there. The correct number is SW30-2521 not 2520. Dow's
MSRP for the SW30-2521 is $250.00 and the srteet price is as low as
$153. Lowest price I have seen so far is at:
http://www.bigbrandwaterfilters.com/membranes.html

The 2520 is a custom length that I think only one or two WM builders
use. I don't remember which but somehow I associate that size with the
one with the titanium head pump.

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Take off $700 from the purchase price for the replacement of the
membranes. The broker may have prevented bacterial growth but he has
ruined the membranes. They are long gone. Chlorinated water is death
to RO membranes.

If they are standard 21"x2.5" membranes you can get Filmtec SW30-2520
membranes for about $200 each but don't tell the broker that. Have him
call Pur and get their ridiculous price. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com