TopBassDog TopBassDog is offline

Default Little Aid Forthcoming for Pakistan?

On Aug 24, 2:20*am, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:38:12 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:42:16 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

The Russians and Chinese are not much of a military threat, I doubt
they ever were. The problem with China is the economic threat. They
hold enough of our money to crush us.

True, but they would crush themselves even worse.

It would certainly be less damaging to them than a war and we seem to
be spending $790 billion on defending from that.

I don't think we're spending $790B defending against China. It's a bit
more
complicated than that.

It is still far too much money. We are spending 100 billion dollars a
year in a country with a GDP of $27 billion trying to kill 40 guys.
How does that make any sense?
Bob likes to complain about Iraq but at least we toppled a dictator
who threatened Israel. I am not sure we have done anything in
Afghanistan but create more terrorists and destabilize Pakistan.

There's no way to equate the two situations. We spent $1+ trillion and
counting in Iraq. One is a war, the other is just a waste of money.

Indeed, D'Plume. A waste of money, just like the stimulus package.