Larry W4CSC

Default To Canada without a valid (current) passport?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:08:25 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

cost is somewhat less than $150.

It appears that the 10 yr passport is $115 while the shorter term (not
clear, suspect 4 yr) is $55..

I'd like to do this once and for all (67yo) and get another 10 yr passport
but I don't want to bother with it right now if it's not required to enter
and leave Canada this summer..

(maybe, the truth be known, I have a 10 yr passport sitting here on my desk,
that has never left the country and expires next month, while several old
passports I have here are full of stamps from cover to cover.. Somebody
needs to get moving!!)

I found my old passport from the late 1970's with my 4-year,
multiple-entry, gratis visa from Iran. There's lots of stamps in that
book, except for the trip to Israel, who understands its implications.
I guess the new government wouldn't be interested in giving me another
one, like the Shahanshah's government was. They made me turn in my
Doshen-Tappeh IAFB security badge with only one area stamped out I
couldn't get into, the crypto vault. It had Farsi numbers around the
outside and they punched out any security areas you were not allowed
to enter. The fewer punches, the higher your status symbol....(c;

I'd go back to Iran to live, again, in a heartbeat, if they were
friendly again. What a beautiful place, mostly unspoiled in 5000
years by a human footprint. Ibex (mountain sheep) hunting with an
M-16 on the Shah's private game preserve was great hunting, too.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....