Scott Sexton

Default Wires Thru Mast -- Easy

In article ,
says...
(anchorlt) wrote in message . com...
Two ways to run wires thru a uncluttered mast:

1. use bow and arrow -- need not be a good shot
2. use PVC pipe or correct ID and jointed the length of the mast with
wires already run in sections and shove thru.

I have tried both ways and prefer the piping -- bow and arrow too hard
to locate.

Why not just get a long electrical snake and run it through from the
bottom. Have someone at the masthead who fishes it through the proper
hole?

I've used PVC in the past, but now that I am in the computer and
networking business, I found "Glow rods" also called push/pull rods,
they come in 6 foot sections that you screw together to make them as
long as you want. You can also get "Egg beater" attachments for the end
of the rod to keep it from getting hung up on an internal seam if you
have any.

This should also work with a cluttered mast.

Fish tape whould also work in an uncluttered mast if you can keep it
from curling inside the mast.

Good luck

Scott H. Sexton help@
www.sexton.com sexton.com