Secular Humanist Secular Humanist is offline

Default Little Aid Forthcoming for Pakistan?

On 8/22/10 5:50 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 8/22/2010 9:52 AM, Secular Humanist wrote:
There's a pretty lively discussion going on at KOS about the fact that,
relatively speaking, little aid is flowing to Pakistan to help with that
country's disaster relief.

Yep, billions on military and nuclear weapons. But no money for the
people. Do you think the Muslims will thank the west?

Speaking of which, has other Muslim nations ever helped their own? We
are in Canada and the US in debt up the wazoo and Pakistan only owes $50
billion give or take.

Don't we have some of our own problems that could use the money such as
a few decaying and unsafe bridges? Or perhaps some corruption to
investigate?

Frankly, I think most of the military expenditures on our recent foreign
adventures have been and are a waste of money.

When we finally leave Iraq, no matter when it is, even if it is a decade
in the future, the country will become a shambles and civil war will
break out.

The same is true of Afghanistan.

In the end, we will accomplish nothing in either country, no matter how
much we waste there in terms of personnel and money.

Pakistan is another corrupt failed state and always will be. As is
Bangladesh.

I support the idea of humanitarian aid when and where it is needed, so
long as it is clearly marked in the appropriate language, "A Gift from
the People of the United States of America." I support the idea of using
our military troops to deliver humanitarian aid.