LdB[_2_] LdB[_2_] is offline

Default What's with math school teachers.

On 8/22/2010 8:24 AM, YukonBound wrote:
Sounds like one of your people, JohnnyH.........
http://www.care2.com/causes/educatio...facebook-post/

The sad part about this is that she was probably telling the truth. I
coached community club level hockey, soccer and baseball for over
twenty years. They were just fun B and C leagues which any kid could
play on a neighborhood team, the elite players went off to the "A"
divisions. During that time I rarely had any major problems with the
kids. The parents were another story. To describe some of them as
arrogant and snobby would be an understatement. Rude, selfish and
often so ignorant of the rules they made complete fools of themselves.
Too bad there was no WWW and You Tube back then. Would have been a
treat to video some of them and show it to the world.

One of my proudest moments took place on a soccer pitch many years
ago. My son aged about 14 was refereeing a game. One parent started
screaming and swearing at the top of his lungs at my son for not
calling an off side. The parent was referring to a hockey delayed off
side. ???? My son just looked at me, smiled and flashed the red
card. By the way red card means your out of there. If you don't leave
the field immediately the game could be forfeit whether you are a
player, coach or parent. The resulting scene as the coach and team
dragged the idiot off the field will live with me forever.

It's a shame that Talvitie-Siple superiors didn't have the guts to
back her up. Freedom of speech? Yea right.

LDB