sailorb

Default Hunter 336

(Keith) wrote in message . com...
Is there any report of loosing a mast of a Hunter 336 in bad weather conditions ?
And why is this fraccional rig ä pain in the ass ?

I'm reading alot of crap from people who havn't sailed a hunter rig
with no back stay, I would like to say from first hand experience
that it is just fine, I have a h-26 water ballast and it is a three
point system that hunter built before the B&R rig came out and i've
seen the B&R and its seems better engineered than mine. We sailed it
for 6 weeks in feb and march in the northern bahamas, walker key,
abacos, grand bahamma and back to fla.
we had seas at 20+ feet and winds at 35-40 kt. I was knocked down and
beat to death by the tiller in some small rollers at don't rock near
treasure key, but
the rig was and is still solid. So don't be afraid of the three point
design, it gives you room for a massive sail roach like the americas
cup racers and the guys that build them know what they're doing.