Gogarty

Default Swing keel 25

In article ,
says...

Neat design. Our last 3 boats have been cc's, I'll have to check these out.
Thanks, Merlin.

In article ,
says...

Neat design. Our last 3 boats have been cc's, I'll have to check these out.
Thanks, Merlin.

It is a lovely boat. It was our first boat, with one-cylinder Yanmar diesel
and iron swing keel. Originally sold with a trailer. That center cockpit
design made for marvelous privacy if you were only a couple or had other
people or chuildren on board for a few days. We sold ours to a man in
Washington state who had a trailer special built and dragged it all the way
from Washinton to New York in February. Then he dragged her to the Gulf to
sail, for awhile then back to Washington where the boat is now. We have lost
touch with the buyer. There also used to be a web site devoted to the boat
but it has gone belly up, I think. The boat came as both a sloop and a
ketch.

As Dawsons, the boats were built in Las Vegas, Nevada. Parker bought the
molds and produced Parker-Dawsons in Florida and then in Nausset, Mass. They
got too costly and he sold out to Nausett Marine, which built a very few as
the Nausset 26. I saw a new one -- the last one, I guess -- for sail at
Nausset some years ago.

Our present boat looks like the Dawson's mother. It's an O'Day 37 CC sloop.