Harry ? Harry ? is offline

Default More probs with ethanol in fuel

"Larry" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:57:06 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Not sure how to deal with this prob on a continuing basis because non-
ethanol fuel is hard to get here and I hate to add water absorber not
knowing what others may have added.

Install a fixed filter in the fuel line between the tank and the
outboard. It's an easy job and not that expensive. I did this
after several fuel incidents with our dinghy engine and it has been
trouble free since.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/4484-kit-alum-assy-long-filter-engine-type-200hp-above-3-8-inlet.html

I prefer the Racor with the clear bowl. You can drain any water into a
soda can and discard it. There is no guesswork - you can see when it has
accumulated water.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs... assNum=10410

Check CG regs as to where you can use the filters with the glass bowl. There
are some restrictions.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID