Bobsprit

Default Hunter 336

Yacht brokers willing to sell used Hunters at all, usually will make
mention of offshore Hunters showing up with broken tabbing, loose decks, flexed
hulls and a host of other issues having to do with structural integrity.

Jax, I personally know a fellow who made structural repairs to hunters in the
early 90's due to severe hull flex.
That said, Hunter has much improved over recent years. I was recently aboard a
few of their DS yachts and I was impressed. I think Hunter has matched the
quality of Catalina (a smart move) in recent years and is better than Beneteau.
I repeatedly see Beneteau's with issues and I'd never buy one.
Anyone going offshore would generally be happier with something purpose
built-you're right on that account.

RB