Glenn Ashmore

Default Watermakers and Chlorine

There is a limit to how much chlorine an activated charcoal filter can
absorb. If the charcoal has not been changed in 8 months of flushing
with city water it will make very little difference.

On your trial sail take a TDS meter ( I will loan you one if you don't
want to spring for the $50) and make sure to try out the watermaker.
Measure the output. If it is less than 75% of the new spec or the TDS
is higher than 400 ppm start negotiating.

The main thing is, BUY A BOAT!! You have put more labor into looking
for one than I have in building one. :-)

Steve wrote:

Opps! It never occured to me that there might have been a charcoal filter in
the system..

Thanks for catching my oversight Paul..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions