Steve

Default And the winner is...

I wouldn't argue with your point. Having owned a Cheoy Lee and I have also
visited the Cheoy Lee yard when they were building these boats in Hong Kong.

I think the variations in quality stem from the boats being some what custom
built, especially the interior.. I say "custom" as apposed to "production"
built. From what I observed on my several visits to the Cheoy Lee yard,
they assign a master carpenter and a few helpers to each boat. This team, be
they good, bad or indifferent, worked on the interior from start to finish.
Those boat that had particular owner presence (mine did) or supervisory
attentions got the better master carpenter and he selected his team.

I think this is why someone, here, observed that there are no two Tayanas
alike. I like to think that "this is a good thing".

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions