designo

Default Newbie: Stupid prop question

How about Paranah glass filled nylon (I assume) plastic prop?
"JR North" wrote in message
If your WOT rpm is in the 42-4600 range, stay with the same
pitch/diameter.
Upgrade to a good SS prop. A high quality SS prop will
scooch the WOT rpm up a tad over the crusty, dinged up AL
prop you have. The best way to "baby" your engine is to run
a prop that is most efficient at converting the engines
power to thrust. Thus, the cost of a good prop is worth it.
The difference in performance when I switched to a Siletto
SS prop on my MaXum was quite noticeable over the OEM AL
prop that came with it. Throw the AL prop in the rode locker
for a rainy day.
JR

Joe Boater wrote:

Hi all, I'm new to the group. First of several (possibly many) stupid
questions.
Just upgraded from a "toy boat" to a 26 ft cruiser.
1976 Carver Santa Cruz. Volvo Penta 260_A (GM 350 CID engine, VP290 OD.

My
aluminum prop is moderatly corroded ans has a significant dind. I'd like

replace it.
The engine runs smooth, but considering the 400+ hours on it, I'd like

baby it a bit, but I'd like to get max cruise speed out of this old slow
boat. I'm no speed racer, I dont care about being quick, "out of the

hole" I
just want the fastest cruise with a slower RPM. The boat weighs about

7-8000
lbs and has HUGE trim tabs. What should I be looking for in a prop.
Thanks in advance for the acvice.
DB