modervador

Default Suzuki Outboards

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
I'm glad I'm not in CU's position. `Reliability' is a difficult
quality to observe or visualize, or even measure - until after the
fact......

That was the basis for the disparity between the ratings for the NUMMI Toyota
and the NUMMI Chevy. "Toyota has a better repair history." Slavery to system
over substance. Two identical products, produced on the same day in the same
plant by the same people should, in theory, be equally reliable in use.
Certainly the plastic trim that spells out one brand name or another doesn't
effect anything mechanical about the car.

But the Chevy Nova was sold and serviced by a dealer network that was
part of the equation for the reliability rating (actually a projection
based on repair history) of all Chevy products.

%mod%