Simon Brooke

Default Licence to hire speedboat in Greece/Spain

Steve writes:

"Ric" , wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
news
It's only water.

That attitude is further confirmation that you shouldn't be allowed on it...

I have explained myself, you have not.

We sail.

Most people who sail have experience of people in high powered motor
boats who do not seem to know or abide by the IRPCS, and consequently
put our lives and our boats in danger. We don't much like this sort of
thing. Also, they create huge amounts of row, and often pass much too
close making much too much wash, and we don't much like that either.

Consequently, while I don't much like the idea of compulsory certificates
of competence, I equally don't like the idea of ignorant cowboys in
high-powered motor boats. If you know your colregs and basic
navigation, you'll get through the exam without difficulty. If you
don't, I don't much want you on the water in a powerful boat, with or
without a certificate.

If you don't want to get one, stick to hiring low-powered boats.

HTH. HAND.

;; lovely alternative to rice.