posted to rec.boats.electronics,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Tim Thornton Tim Thornton is offline

Default May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts]

Wilbur,
I'm glad that Richard helped you recoup your normal level of
brilliance.
As already replied, we do take tides into account, it being one of
many corrections that are applied.
Tim

Excellent point. I'm surprised I didn't think of it considering my usual
brilliance.

Tide charts usually display the depth at MLW but these amateur committee
readings will have no such reference standard. It just depends upon the
state of the tide when the reading was taken - dumb, really dumb.

Wilbur Hubbard