John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Roast Chicken

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:31:24 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:58:16 -0400, John H
wrote:

I had a hankerin' for some today. I'm not too wild about the way I normally
roast a chicken, so decided to look around for something new.

I like them on a spit on the gas grille (with a back burner)

Me too. I've got a rotisserie for the Weber charcoal that does a great job. But,
I had a hankerin' for chicken gravy on my rice. The rotisserie doesn't leave me
crunchy chicken drippings in the cast iron skillet.

I do turkeys on the rotisserie. They're fantastic. Better than smoked. I'll buy
a package of turkey wings, put 'em in the cast iron skillet, and roast until the
fat is all out of them. That makes some good turkey gravy for those who just
have to have gravy on their mashed 'taters.
--

John H