Eddie Eddie is offline

Default Roast Chicken

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:58:19 -0400, "mmc" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:58:16 -0400, John H
wrote:

I had a hankerin' for some today. I'm not too wild about the way I
normally
roast a chicken, so decided to look around for something new.

I like them on a spit on the gas grille (with a back burner)

Have you guys tried "beer can chicken"? Great stuff!

Have you guys tried "Broasted chicken?" Great stuff!
:-)

Little story.
I met Danny Kaleikini way back in the late 60's when I was working my
way through the U of H in Honolulu. Danny was a fixture in the
showroom of the Kahala Hilton. He was a very well-paid entertainer,
becoming a millionaire many times over. In the late 70's I moved to
the mainland and one year we noticed he was doing a Christmas Special
at Harrah's in Reno. We saw and met him there when he invited us
backstage after the show. While visiting with him he invited us to
dinner (it was very late) at the hotel's restaurant. He said they had
this great chicken he really liked and wanted us to try it. It was a
$2.99 Broasted Chicken special. My wife and I tried it and I must say
it had to be the best chicken we've ever eaten.
We did this every Christmas for a few years, enjoying that "special"
dinner with Danny.
I always think about it, here was this millionaire eating a $2.99
special with us.
Eddie