nom=de=plume[_2_] nom=de=plume[_2_] is offline

Default Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:19:03 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

Sure... whatever. Let me guess, it's time to abolish the Dept. of Edu.
Everyone is stupid, everyone is a loser... except you of course.

You have brought this up out of the blue in several threads. Why don't
you explain to us what the DoE actually does to educate kids?
Around here the authority is all in the county school board. The state
really doesn't even have that much control over curriculum and
compared to our local ad valorem taxes, all other input of money is
inconsequential.

DoE really just looks like another big federal bureaucracy that
doesn't do much. Just because it has the word "education" in it,
people think it is sacred. This used to be part of HEW (before Carter)
and that seemed to work fine ... back when the school system actually
worked. We have higher graduation rates but I am not convinced that a
lot of the kids graduating were actually performing at the 12th grade
... or even the 9th grade level. All the feds did was to get the
schools to play games with their numbers and teach to the tests.

I don't have to. Go look at the website and see if you can figure it out.