Rich Hampel

Default And the winner is...

Good that you are leaning towards the TY37. I dont think that youll be
disappointed. .... go to the Tayana Owners Group as there are
probably 10 good boats for sale at this time. Problem is that the TOG
is 'reorganizing' at this time so the newletter (classifieds, etc.) may
be hard to locate.

There are a few surveyor specific issues when you are getting serious
about one or two particular TY37s that can be found in the Sailnet
eMail archives .... chainplates and chainplate bases, rigging,
cranse collar, etc. .... otherwise these boats are fairly bombproof.

In article rs.com,
Wendy wrote:

the Tayana 37! I've not posted anything recently as I have been involved in
research, dock walking, broker talking, price-trend analysis spreadsheeting,
and a bit of sailing as well. Anyway, I have located a few of these boats
in the area, and have looked some of them over exhaustively. There's
another one privately offered I have not seen yet, and there is one on the
east coast I would like to look at as well. There are loads of these boats
available (there were quite a few built) and I expect the market will change
before I buy, so I am not fixated on any one boat at this moment. The
design fits my needs (ok, wants) better than any other in the $80K price
range- it is comfortable, exceedingly well-built, and supported by a great
owner's network. Now I just gotta get my hands on the money...

Wendy