Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Sell the house and sail away...

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 19:33:29 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Justin C wrote:
In article , cavelamb wrote:
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ls-the-world/1

Maryland family sells assets, sails world for 7 years

[snip]

Thank you for posting this. It's good to read of people out there doing
what I hope to do one day. I know we get Skip post here, but I welcome
all posts showing how positive it can be.

Justin.

Yeah, they had a really positive experience from it.

I had never thought about there being a problem coming back.

I've asked several long term cruisers (half way round and it only took
7 years) about what they planned to do when the "got home". Most of
them just got a far away look in their eyes and said, "Eh... don't
know."

On the other hand a German girl who was leaving for Germany so the two
kids could be in public school, said "The most wonderful thing about
living ashore is.... "When it storms YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE
DAMNED BOAT".

But I don't think that she ever came back although I hear of her
husband from time to time. He's still here :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)