posted to rec.boats.building
DougC DougC is offline

Default the pancake skiff - episode 1

On 8/2/2010 3:29 PM, mmc wrote:
wrote in message
news
On 7/31/2010 8:46 PM, mmc wrote:
http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/1874022332.html
Some great deals out there..........

The price is right, but the floor isn't flat... -and how well does it row?

The engine is an "extra" for me. It'd be nice to have if I needed it, but
don't think I'd use it much of the time. I don't want to listen to the
noise of an engine all the time I'm moving.
~

Not my boat.
Looks like the hull is flat bottomed which would lead to a flat floor.
A flat bottom boat isn't going to track well when rowing, better off with a
shallow v.

Well okay, let me elaborate: I wand an "open" floor.

Boats like that always have seats extending across that (I'd bet) are
structural pieces.

I think in three days I've had three different ideas about what would be
perfect.... :/
~