Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default ThinAirDesigns

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 13:41:29 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:17:38 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

ThinAirDesigns is the perfect name for the ruse.

You know, like he pulled it out of thin air - or his ass.

lol

But, I'm not laughing at him. I'm laughing at the fools
who are gullible enough to believe in this or any other
pie-in-the-sky.

I've become convinced that this thing does what they say. There are a
lot of smart people involved in the effort and it is reasonably well
documented.

At an intuitive level it is not much different than an ice boat, which
we all know and accept as being able to go faster than the wind, some
multi-hulls also. Ice boats and multi-hulls can not go DDW faster
than TWS however because they rely on sails to capture and translate
the wind energy. The difference is in the propellor drive.

Never doubted it worked, since it's nothing to do with "perpetual
motion" and just uses a wind-powered feedback loop.
An explanation of that is here at 3:00 in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLPPInzSzI

Now I don't understand any of it, but I had a bird on a pivot which
would endlessly bob up and down into a bowl of water.
All it needed was that water.
So I'm leery of saying something is impossible.
Building big bobbing birds hooked to generators all along the
shorelines of the country was my idea to solve the energy crisis.
But nobody did it.
And I don't think we'll find cars being powered like this one either.
But like the bobbing birds, it fun to watch and I'm glad it was done.
I'd like to hear how it can be put to useful practice.
Only thing useful about it so far is to make a fool of Wilbur and some
others who say "It's impossible."
I always like that. Reminds me of the Wright brothers and their
times, and ignorant folks with waxed handlebar moustaches.
Some people confuse defying the laws of physics with making those laws
work for you in unexpected ways.
The difference in "can do" and "can't do" attitudes really.

--Vic