Gould 0738

Default Marinas and minimum boat lengths?

That is what I was trying to ask. My question is, is there typically a
minimum size requirement for a vessel in order to join a club, or is
it just my friends club?
Scotty

Yes, there is usually a minimum size vessel required in order to join a yacht
club.

While the stereotypical image of a yacht club is a group of white pants, blue
blazer, brass buttoned old coots passing grey poupon from mega-yacht to
mega-yacht- many clubs do specify a minimum size limit that doesn't require a
relatively huge investment in a boat. Many of the minimums are at or around the
20-foot mark.

Best explanation I ever heard for the minimum size requirement was "We want our
members to own a boat capable of partiipating in club cruises and events."