LaBomba182

Default Shoot Your Foot -- Bahamas Entry Fee

Subject: Shoot Your Foot -- Bahamas Entry Fee
From: WaIIy

Perhaps I failed to mention the people could not raise a commercial tow
company and said so the the Canadian Coast Guard. The coast guard still
said they weren't coming out. They asked if the boat had a dingy and
to take the dingy to Pelee. The seas were very rough and it was near
midnight on a Sunday.

Where I boat in the USA, the Coast Guard would have surely responded.

Really, why?
Based on what you have posted there seems to have been not any immediate danger
of lost of life or boat.
No one was overboard and the boat was not sinking.

You seem to think a government agency should have saved them from there own
stupidity (small boat, rough seas, late at night) in a non-emergency situation.

My, how liberal of you Wally. :-)

Capt. Bill