Calif Bill

Default Bearing Buddy (With Photos)

Blows out the rear seal. The one at the back of the hub, that rides on the
spindle.
Bill

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
news

"Ackermann" wrote in message

"No Spam" wrote
One
thing I would like to mentiuon is also purchasing a pair of Bearing

Buddy
Bras. They are rubber "caps" that fit over the Buddies and keep grease
from spreading over your rims and tires. I keep mine in place (cuz I

used
lose a few) by securing them with 11" plastic tie straps pulled very

tightly.
The when I need to re-grease I snip the tie strap and remove the bra,
grease it, and put on a new tie strap.

Ron.

That's someting I'll second. Before I picked up a pair of those at the
Barrie Boat Show a few years ago, I had filthy wheels all the time, and

went
through a lot of grease. You won't get a thousand miles between adding
grease without the bras. The BB throws out a lot! The bras keep

everything
nice and neat, just like the original caps do.

I'll have a look at their site to see how the cleaning thing goes. In 7
years with this trailer, I've not once cleaned them out and repacked, just
careful attention to making sure they have grease.

Actually, I pump the grease through it till it flows out, and often flush

lot of crappy looking stuff out. What is it that would "blow" from
pressure? The retainer cap (held by the spring) looks like metal to me...

--
"Stay strong. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

Regards,

Frank Johansen
Aurora, Ontario