Buck Frobisher

Default Bearing Buddy (With Photos)

"Ackermann" wrote in message

"No Spam" wrote
One
thing I would like to mentiuon is also purchasing a pair of Bearing Buddy
Bras. They are rubber "caps" that fit over the Buddies and keep grease
from spreading over your rims and tires. I keep mine in place (cuz I used

lose a few) by securing them with 11" plastic tie straps pulled very

tightly.
The when I need to re-grease I snip the tie strap and remove the bra,
grease it, and put on a new tie strap.

Ron.

That's someting I'll second. Before I picked up a pair of those at the
Barrie Boat Show a few years ago, I had filthy wheels all the time, and went
through a lot of grease. You won't get a thousand miles between adding
grease without the bras. The BB throws out a lot! The bras keep everything
nice and neat, just like the original caps do.

I'll have a look at their site to see how the cleaning thing goes. In 7
years with this trailer, I've not once cleaned them out and repacked, just
careful attention to making sure they have grease.

Actually, I pump the grease through it till it flows out, and often flush a
lot of crappy looking stuff out. What is it that would "blow" from
pressure? The retainer cap (held by the spring) looks like metal to me...

--
"Stay strong. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

Regards,

Frank Johansen
Aurora, Ontario