Gould 0738

Default Suzuki Outboards (long reply)

Mr. Gould 0738, I don't know where you get your information but I think
you're streching things a bit here. A quote from the origional article from
1988:

The CBS news show, "60 Minutes" did a segment on the CU test. They filmed a
recreation of the test, and I described what I saw on the film. Vehicles were
being swerved around rubber pylons in a slalom fashion at speeds that would be
too fast to
simulate normal driving. It's conceivable that a driver will have to swerve
once or twice to avoid an obstacle, but not enough times to get a sufficient
"swing" going to tip over most vehicles.

The history of motor vehicle safety tests is spotty at best. Remember the
"exploding saddle tanks" issue on some pickups? If you will recall, it was
ultimately revealed the the original tests had been conducted with incendiary
devices attached to the tanks and set to ignite upon contact.
Test proved: If you pack enough explosives around the gas tank of your pickup
it's more likely to explode during a collission. Duh.

Your next bit about Chevy Nova's may be true, I'm not going to try to fugure
out where you got your info for that but if it's from the same source as the
first bit, I think it's questionable to say the least... ; ) I was in the

automobile business at the time. Run a Google on Nummi Motors, Chevrolet,
Toyota, and you'll probably find some confirmation.