posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Gasahol Blues

On Jul 27, 11:09*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:04:09 -0700 (PDT), jayhearts

wrote:
QUESTION / SURVEY *(NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT)
* * I work at a major marine supplies retailer, and we are featuring
"Star-Tron" fuel additive. *It claims to resolve ethanol problems as
well as "old" gas. *The deisel version claims to reduce biological
growth in the tank. *As we are serious boaters, I want to be as honest
and helpful as possible. *When I point out the product, many customers
tell me they use and like it. Other staff boaters tell me the same. *I
am interested in your input on this product, good or bad. *Please let
me know if you use the gas or deisel form, and how long you have used
it. *Have you noticed a difference? *Good or bad? *any anecdotes are
welcome.

Fair winds and good gas,
Jayhearts

Your post sounds suspiciously self serving but I'll give you the
benefit of the doubt. * A professional fuel polisher with a good
reputation told me that the diesel product he prefers is Pri-D. *He
also said that Biobor is effective but that Pri-D creates smaller
"clumps" when the bacteria precipitate out. *Smaller clumps are
desirable because they are less likely to accumulate in the bottom of
the tank and clog the fuel feed.

For gasoline Sta-Bil seems to be the product of choice among people
that I know. *I've also used it myself with good results.

I use the regular Sta-Bil around the house, and the Marine Sta-Bil on
the boat with every tank at the maintenance dose. It doesn't get
stored long enough in "winter" to worry about it. Never had an issue.