posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
I am Tosk I am Tosk is offline

Default Gasahol Blues

In article ,
says...

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:04:09 -0700 (PDT), jayhearts
wrote:

QUESTION / SURVEY (NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT)
I work at a major marine supplies retailer, and we are featuring
"Star-Tron" fuel additive. It claims to resolve ethanol problems as
well as "old" gas. The deisel version claims to reduce biological
growth in the tank. As we are serious boaters, I want to be as honest
and helpful as possible. When I point out the product, many customers
tell me they use and like it. Other staff boaters tell me the same. I
am interested in your input on this product, good or bad. Please let
me know if you use the gas or deisel form, and how long you have used
it. Have you noticed a difference? Good or bad? any anecdotes are
welcome.

Fair winds and good gas,
Jayhearts

Your post sounds suspiciously self serving but I'll give you the
benefit of the doubt. A professional fuel polisher with a good
reputation told me that the diesel product he prefers is Pri-D. He
also said that Biobor is effective but that Pri-D creates smaller
"clumps" when the bacteria precipitate out. Smaller clumps are
desirable because they are less likely to accumulate in the bottom of
the tank and clog the fuel feed.

For gasoline Sta-Bil seems to be the product of choice among people
that I know. I've also used it myself with good results.

I also use Sta-Bil - marine formula.
Our marina still has non-alcohol contaminated fuel at the gas pump.
But I sometimes do bring in auto gas, and other marinas - who knows?

So far, no problems, though.

Is this "Cave Lamb Himself" ???

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!