Rosalie B.

Default Marinas and minimum boat lengths?

x-no-archive:yes

(Backyard Renegade) wrote:

I am about to embark on a new boat adventure. I heard that many clubs
and such have minimum lengths for boats too. For instance, my friend
has to have a boat with a minimum length of 20 feet or 21 I don't
remember, to have a slip at his marina. The reason I ask is I am
trying to decide on what size to get. Most of my boating will be
trailer boating, and I had been looking between 18-20 feet. However,
if in the future I decide (read "can afford") to have my boat in a
marina, I don't want to lose out over a foot or two. Do your marinas
have minimum limits and what are they? Thanks, Scotty

Atlantis Marina on Paradise Island in the Bahamas has a minimum of 40
feet. That's the only one I know of that has a minimum length
allowed. I think they do that to keep the riffraff out g

Otherwise, it's usually $x per foot with a minimum fee of $X. So
$1.00/ft with a minimum of $25 would mean that an 18 foot boat would
pay $25, and not that they wouldn't TAKE an 18 foot boat.

However it depends on how you measure your boat. Assuming it has an
outboard, if you include that in the length and round up, you'd
probably have 21 feet.

grandma Rosalie