Doug Dotson

Default Shoot Your Foot -- Bahamas Entry Fee

What homeland security regulations? You mean having to check-in
in person? Big deal. That is what all our Canadian friends and anyone
else not a US citizen has always had to do. Hasn't kept them from
cruising. I've always been amazed that one could check-in by
phone.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
x-no-archive:yes

"Jerry" wrote:

Steve - what boycott are you talking about? The "I'm too cheap to pay

$300"
boycott?

There are a lot of non-mega boats over here. Can't say that any of my
favorite anchorages are that much thinner in population. I was hoping

that
the $300 would keep out a few more.

We aren't going this year but it isn't even mostly about the $300. My
SIL isn't going either and he has only a 26.5 foot boat and he can
certainly afford $150. The main reason we are not going is the
homeland security regulations when we come back. That's even stupider
than the Bahamas increase in fees. I like the Bahamas, but not enough
to jump through all those hoops.

"Steve" wrote in message
I guess, what I'm saying is, find an alternative until they come to

their
senses. I doubt that it would take more than one season to get their
attention..

I'm sure there will still be some Mega Boat with Mega Buck owners who

would
still 'cross the boycott line' and that hurts. They probably welcome

our
boycott since that means few boats in the anchorages and butts in the

bars.

Me? I'm on the west coast and haven't been to the Bahamas since 1971.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

grandma Rosalie