posted to rec.boats.electronics
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Raymarine A70 problems

Meindert,
I'm sorry I cannot help, but I suggest you have definitely found a bug with the plotter's firmware and in that light, have every
right to address this directly with Raymarine. I would assume they would have no problem when confirming your findings to set up
the GPS test as well. They in turn will either provide a fix or a work around for you. Please keep us informed on Raymarine's
response. Consider this a test of their customer support.
Steve

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message ...
Dear Sailfriends,

A customer of mine pointed out the following problem:

A Raymarine A70 plotter connected with port 1 to a MiniPlex multiplexer
input and port 2 connected to the same multiplexer's output produces
erroneous GPS data. Instead of outputting the correct data field in the RMC
sentence, a date of september 2009 is output.

A test where port 1 out of the A70 is directly connected to port 2 in
exhibits the same error. When the loop removed, the plotter outputs the
correct date in it's RMC sentence. Apparenly the plotter does not tolerate
it's own data.

I would like to know if this problem also shows up when an external GPS is
connected to the A70 plotter. Are there any A70 users "out there" who are
willing and able to try this out?

Regards,
Meindert
ShipModul/CustomWare