Califbill Califbill is offline

Default ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:08:42 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:20:56 -0400, wrote:

too bad the right wing destroyed the pension system in this country
and let the rich replace it with 401k's.

For those of in demand for jobs, 401k's were great. I was with NCR for
17.5
years.

no one cares about you. there are 100,000,000 americans who are as
self absorbed as you are.

less than 50% of companies even have a pension plan. and with the
massive turnovers in jobs, no one stays at a company long enough to
collect a pension.

the right has, at every turn, gutted the ability of the middle class
to earn a living wage or have a decent retirement

Yup, no one cares about you and your finances. Even your 401k manager. So
you better learn to care for yourself. As my TI in USAF basic said, if you
can not take care of yourself, you can not take care of your buddy. And
those job changes and no able to vest in a pension makes 401k's even better.
As Gretwell says, look at your choices. The middle class has a living wage.
By definition they live in the middle. The problem you babyboomers /
GenXers have decided that a living wage is $200,000 a year. You have to be
able to afford a nice couple cars, nice boat, 3000 sq ft. home, and a 3 week
vacation in some really nice 4 star place. You are in error.