D.Duck[_5_] D.Duck[_5_] is offline

Default ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:46:25 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:20:56 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:07:55 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

and there as many HF managers who saw this coming as economists

MOST hedge fund managers were betting against housing in 2007, that is
what hedge funds do.

except, of course, they told no one. the fine against goldman sachs
that depressed their first quarter earnings was for exactly this type
of screwing around

BTW I was reading an old Fortune magazine at Jury duty today (jan/feb
2010) and they had a list of the funds that did get it right this
year, one was up 265%. They also listed 1000 with their results for a
year and 3 years. I was looking at the Fidelity funds and most of them
were up this year, about half up over the last 3.
I guess I will dig out my 401k statement and see how it really did.
I know the last time I looked it was double what it was when I stopped
contributing in 1996.

too bad the right wing destroyed the pension system in this country
and let the rich replace it with 401k's.

This is the summary of my 401k from the web site

Average Annual Total Returns1 (%)
as of 06/30/2010

1 Year 3.63
3 Year 4.23
5 Year 4.80
10 Year 5.15
Life 6.84

Life is as of inception date 07/01/1985.

When I consider the fees the manager is skimming this is not bad.

You'd better recheck your numbers. I read somewhere that NO 401Ks had a
positive return over the past three years. 8)