Jim Jim is offline

Default ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

Charles C. wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:09:37 -0400, "Charles C."
wrote:

I am curious. How much of the 14 trillion lost on Wall Street
represents
real money loses and not paper loses. I have very modest investments
in the
stock market that I started in 1999.

and the difference is? 'paper' losses are real losses representing a
loss in equity and a loss in the ability to extend further investments

Not a 401k. Just small investments that I manage myself. Don't spend
much time watching them. Not a day trader type.

The paper value of those investments right now is about four to five
times
the initial investment, despite the meltdown of 2008. I suppose I could
complain that without the meltdown the stock values would be much
higher,
but I don't regard that as loses. Loses would mean the value of the
investments today are less than the original deposit into the account.

what they represent is a loss of time. if you're 20 you have no
problem. in the next 40 years you'll be OK

if, however, you're a baby boomer, well that's a different story

CC

So, in other words, I should be screaming and bitching about the "loss"
of money that I never earned or had. I see. Starting to understand how
the left thinks.

CC

Bill Clinton got the Dems thinking like Reps.
Everybody will be rich just by putting money in Wall Street.
Suckers.
But it worked for the older boomers who got in early on the Ponzi scheme
and took enough profits out.
That's the nature of a Ponzi scheme.
And when the Ponzi operators own the government it has some legs.

Jim - Skeptic.