Charles C. Charles C. is offline

Default ah, yes, the latest on my company 401K

"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:09:37 -0400, "Charles C."
wrote:

I am curious. How much of the 14 trillion lost on Wall Street represents
real money loses and not paper loses. I have very modest investments in
the
stock market that I started in 1999.

and the difference is? 'paper' losses are real losses representing a
loss in equity and a loss in the ability to extend further investments

Not a 401k. Just small investments that I manage myself. Don't spend
much time watching them. Not a day trader type.

The paper value of those investments right now is about four to five times
the initial investment, despite the meltdown of 2008. I suppose I could
complain that without the meltdown the stock values would be much higher,
but I don't regard that as loses. Loses would mean the value of the
investments today are less than the original deposit into the account.

what they represent is a loss of time. if you're 20 you have no
problem. in the next 40 years you'll be OK

if, however, you're a baby boomer, well that's a different story

CC

So, in other words, I should be screaming and bitching about the "loss" of
money that I never earned or had. I see. Starting to understand how the
left thinks.

CC