posted to rec.boats.electronics,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,sci.geo.satellite-nav
otnmbrd otnmbrd is offline

Default May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts]

(Steve Firth) wrote in news:1jlv6sr.1b9ejr91nd0q9uN%%
:

Richard Casady wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:42:33 GMT, (patric albutat)
wrote:

So how exactly are we going to create superior charts in regions with
no GPS coverage? Or what use would these charts be to a sailor trying
to navigate a tricky coast without sat nav to give him his position?

I guess it had to come......No GPS, no way to fix your position...