posted to rec.boats.electronics,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts]

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:19:23 -0800, Bruce in alaska
wrote:

Not to dis Wayne, but MANY Governments that are NOT Allies with the USA,
have purchased GPS Jamming Technology, from the Russians,

It was never my point that GPS could not be jammed. My point was,
and is, that such jamming would by necessity be relatively short range
because of the microwave frequencies involved. The only exception
would be some sort of systemic jamming that originated within the
satellites themselves. It's my understanding that jamming of that
sort would affect all users.

You've already been given details of two types of jamming and SA which
is not jamming. However at present you seem to be keener on jamming your
head up your arse and avoiding admitting the fact.