mmc mmc is offline

Default insurance companies choosing which doctors you can see

"bpuharic" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38294522...ew_york_times/

insurance companies are starting to ration care by choosing which
doctors they'll let you see.

so much for free enterprise.

It's all about free enterprise and free enterprise is corporate America
being allowed to grab you by the gonades and sqeeze just as hard and as long
as they want to.

There is a requirement for any company working on USG contracts overseas
that requires the companies to purchase "defense base act" (DBA) insurance.
There are only a few providers for this insurance, the biggest being AIG and
the next being CNA.
The Dept of Labor is supposed to monitor and ensure the injured are being
fairly treated by these insurance companies but like ALL other USG
bureaucracies, the DOL is doing a **** poor job.
In the rare occasion that the injured is determined to be worthy of
compensation or further treatment by DOL, the way the system is set up, the
insurance company can ignore the DOL with no repercussion.
These companies are finally being investigated for war profiteering but I
doubt much, if anything will be done to them.
Our government, including our Democrat and Republican representatives,
belongs to big business.
The American people are too conditioned to realize that the government is
supposed to work for them and not the other way around. Our government has
had the scared and stupid campaign going for a very long time. It's a great
way to control the masses.