mgg mgg is offline

Default Boat crash

You have no business going that fast at night in a congested area... period.
I don't care how advanced your electronics are.

--Mike

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 09/07/2010 7:33 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:43:57 -0600,
wrote:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/gallery/html...h/photo_0.html

Slide show in above.

As one article said, and engineer would have a hard time getting the
boat in there like that.

I saw that movie. James Bond is chasing the guy and the little boat
pops out and speeds away.

Unfortunately this ws for real, 13 people on the houseboat, 3 in the
speedboat. 1 killed, 2 more still in the hospital with serious injuries,
likely to be with them for life. 5 others injured. The sleeping baby made
out well thank god.

Drivers initial claim was "we didn't see what we hit, and hit something in
the dark...". After legal councel he claims "they had no lights". Good
part, at least 3 eye witnesses saw lights and the right colours. So his
defence will not stick. Lights were also on after the "accident", go
figure.

Amazing no one was seriously hurt in the speedboat, but I don't know how
looking at those picks...some say they were drunk but given tests were not
done that is hearsay.

Cops were dumb stupid, many say he was drinking but the cops didn't give
him a test!! 250-400 boats were at anchor in the vicinity and the
houseboat at anchor. Other good samaritians did the rescue.

I would love to be on that jury. Maybe the locals should call the
speedboat driver James Bond 00-id-10-t.

--
Governemnt debt is tax servitude for the middle class.