Butch Ammon

Default On-Topic: rec.boats FAQ

Great post, Noah!

I didn't know there was a sole originator to the rec.boats NG, but I find it
sad that he left.

I have another suggestion for the idle "chit-chat" people might do on
rec.boats. Instead of another "lounge" type of NG, just have people take it to
email. That way two people can hold a conversation and not clog up the NG.
Norm Eckert and I do that frequently.... He'll email me, or I'll email him,
and we'll talk about boating or our families and such and what's the latest
goings on in our lives.

There are a lot of good people on this NG. But again, sadly, a lot of people
have left because of the signal-to-noise ratio.

I applaud you for the effort to try to bring rec.boats back to what it once
was.

Butch Ammon