Tim Tim is offline

Default The Marquis has a dubious manifold...

On Jul 15, 10:26*am, "Harold" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jul 15, 9:11 am, "Harold" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

OK, so while I have the boat out in the sunlight and have the back
panel off to look for anything that myight need repairs, I noticed
that the previous owner muust have left water in the left exhaust
manifold and it froze and cracked. They have generous globs of JB Weld
over them and it held well, However I noticed that there is a bottom
crack where it seems the JB weld has cracked loose and I can see a bit
of rust.

Due to aftermarke, the price of a lot of these items has really come
down to being reasonable. I probably ought to change out the manifold
but it's a real bugger to take of where it sits. So, I'm going to chip
away at the repair to see how sound it is.

this isn't a presurized system so there's not any steam build up. And
the repair looks like it's held for quite a while, but is starting to
fail.

Does anyone know of a better smear on product to seal the crack? Or
should I jsut bite it and buy a new manifold?

BITE!- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Running around a lake where you don't
have far to go to shore is one thing, being out on the Ohio River is
totally another.

Bit still. It wouldn't hurt to have a tube of 'something' on board to
try to make a quick fix if necessary.

It wouldn't hurt to carry some JB Weld and Marine Tex in your on board tool
kit.- Hide quoted text -

Those are on the check list...