Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default This just in

On Jul 13, 11:32*am, John H wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:56:10 -0400, wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:25:34 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:14:25 -0400, John H
wrote:

I've lived in several different apartments in and around Cocoa Beach, back in
the '60s, when the place was cool and you could drive on the beach.

You can still do that a little further north in Daytona Beach.

It is not really like the old days tho. It is not, "drive out there
and have a picnic" It is more like the tourist parade.

Things were pretty loose and easy in Cocoa Beach back then. I did get stopped
once for having glass packs that were a little loud, but the cop let me off with
a warning to 'take it easy'.

Probably 15 years ago we were vacationing at a beach in SC (where it
is illegal to drive on the beach) and we got up early one morning for
a walk. About a mile down the beach there was a car that made it
about half way from the dunes to the firm sand, sitting there, back
tires spun down so that the frame was sitting on the sand. Some dude
was behind the wheel, and his wife/girlfriend was in the passenger
seat, both trying to sink down and blend in to the car. :-)

I'm sure his wallet was much lighter when that was over.