Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Canadian buying an American Boat

On 13 Feb 2004 00:25:34 -0000, Ante Topic Mimara
] wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:

Ed McDermott wrote:

I'm a Canadian planning to buy an American boat, but I'm
NOT planning to bring it back into Canada.

Where can I register it?

Why register it? Why not just document it in Canada?
Do you have to take it to Canada to do that?

If you are going to take it down to the Caribbean or something,
wouldn't documentation be better than registration anyway?

What means this "Documentation" as opposed to "Registration" ?

Can somebody please explain what these things are?

The other replies covered most of it. US Documented vessels have some
restrictions on them. They cannot be owned by or chartered to
noncitizens.

Ergo, a Canadian could not document a vessel in the US, and Canada may
require the import taxes to document it there, even if it won't ever
go there. I don't know how they would treat that.

If that is a problem, state registration somewhere in the US is
probably the easiest solution.
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"That idiot Leibniz, who wants to teach me about the infinitesimally small! Has he therefore forgotten that I am the wife of Frederick I? How can he imagine that I am unacquainted with my own husband?"