Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Watermaker pressure regulator?

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:50:21 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:16:02 GMT, (Larry) wrote:

What I can't figure out is why someone hasn't created a dry exhaust
stack distiller! All the heat you'd ever need is just dumped up the
stack on many nice boats that COULD be making clean water whenever the
engine was running....

They used to make yacht size stills that ran on the waste heat from
the engine. They got more than a gallon of water per gallon of fuel
burned, so you carry fuel instead of water, and have more range.

Casady

Did they run on heat alone or was there a vacuum pump involved? I once
maintained a system that, powered by a Perkins, used both.And, frankly
was an absolute ******* to keep running.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)