Rosalie B.

Default Clever boat names

x-no-archive:yes Ante Topic Mimara
] wrote:

Argonauta writes:

As an Electrical Engineer, I always wanted to name a boat
CMOS (pronounced Sea Moss) for Complimentary Metal Oxide
Semiconductor, a popular semiconductor technology. Most
would agree, it is a bit too obscure and would likely never
get pronounced correctly -- save for the occasional
electronics enthusiast.

Oh my this *is* clever. Why do you then not name your boat "Sea
Moss" but superimpose that name over the letters "C M O S" on
the stern of the boat, or intertwine the letters C, M, O, & S
into the full name. With the help of a talented graphic artist,
you could arrive at a pleasing graphic to place on the boat.

Or just C MOSs which would be pronounceable although most people
probably still wouldn't get it. Using single letters KT for Katy is
fairly common (especially on license plates) and it isn't that hard a
concept. (that would be the Complimentary Metal Oxide SemiconductorS
- plural)

Where it is important that it be spelled CMOSs instead of Sea Moss
(which I don't think it would make much difference on the radio for
instance - so what if the bridge tender or marina person gets it
spelled wrong) you could spell it phonetically pretty easily. Most of
the time someone who's made that mistake will be too embarrassed to
say anything IME.

grandma Rosalie