JimB

Default Boat awning poles

1 wrote in message
Looking to make an awning. Lots of cruisers use pvc water

pipe - it
ages in the sun and breaks - but it's cheap.

Friends have an awning that uses the bendy fiberglass tent pole
supports - like glass fishing rod stuff. They disconnect with

ferrules
so are easy to stow - but all the ones they've seen have plated

steel
ferrules - they rust and stain the awning.

I made do with broom handles (varnished) inserted into copper
pipe from a plumber. Holes drilled through the outer ends hold
the support stays. It's worked for 4 years, but I take it down
when the relative wind is over 25kts.

JimB
Yacht Rapaz, sadly for sale:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim.bae...cification.htm