posted to rec.boats.building
Ole Skovrup Ole Skovrup is offline

Default Shortening of Teleflex cable - possible or what

Hi Bruce
I suscpected as much - the whole thing depends on the integrity of the
mantle and the fixing points - don't think I can recreate the joining of
the end and rod fittings.
But thanks for answering.
Any optimists ot there ;-)
Fair winds
Ole

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Frankly I can't see how you can shorted a Morse type teleflex cable
successfully as the solid rod ends moving in the solid tubes at the
end are what allows the cable to both push and pull.

However, I have seen cables effectively shortened by installing them
with an "S" bend or loop which, if the bends aren't too sharp seemed
to work - sort of - o.k.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)